PinyinliúClick to hear the pronunciation of 留
Radical
Strokes10
HSK Level2

How to write character 留

丿

𠄌

𠃌

丿

𠃍

Compounds with character 留

留位子
save a seat (for sb);reserve a seat (for sb)
留后劲
conserve one's strength
留便条
leave a note
留口信
leave a message for sb
留分头
wear parted hair
留发辫
wear one's hair in braids
留寸头
wear a crew cut
留某人过夜
put sb up
留一个空缺
leave a vacancy
留几个座位
reserve some seats
逋留国外数载
stay abroad for many years
阎王要你三更走,谁能留你到五更
if the King of Hell decides you're to die at midnight, who dares to spare you till dawn?—when death comes, it will have no denial

Example sentences with 留

我还了一张纸条在上面。
Look, I left a note and everything.
出自:《老友记 第五季》|《Friends Season 5》
钱德还着小胡子哩。
Chandler had a mustache, for crying out loud.
出自:《老友记 第五季》|《Friends Season 5》
两汤匙油做酱汁用。
Set all but two tablespoons of oil aside for the sauce.
出自:《中餐速成》|《Chinese Food Made Easy》
着吧别,用那玩意儿扔我。
Keep it. Don't throw that at me.
出自:《行尸走肉 第四季》|《The Walking Dead S4》
你们别忘了给我一个肉馅派还有,和一杯饮料我知道的,还要一根胡萝卜给你的驯鹿。
Don't forget to leave me a mince pie and a drink. We know. And carrots for the reindeer.
出自:《100天养成流利口语》|《Get fluent spoken English in 100 days》
我们一个,另一个给别人如何?
What do you say we keep one and then just have an option on the other one?
出自:《老友记 第十季》|《Friends Season 10》
印度人也这样,只不过他们空间给牛。
Hindus do the same thing. Except they leave room for a cow.
出自:《生活大爆炸 第五季》|《The Big Bang Theory Season 5》
其实你不必给我钱,你着吧。
You know what, you don't have to give me this. You keep it.
出自:《生活大爆炸 第八季》|《The Big Bang Theory Season 8》
我在楼上发现的,你着那把吧。
I found it upstairs. You keep that.
出自:《行尸走肉 第四季》|《The Walking Dead S4》
我一起来,他们自己在这儿咬牙切齿吧。
I'll come with you. We must give them time to gnash their teeth alone.
出自:《唐顿庄园 第六季》|《Downton Abbey Season 6》
所以你不小心收据在这里?你有没有想到,我会这么笨?
Oh, so you just sort of happened to leave it in here? Did it ever occur to you that I might just be that stupid?
出自:《老友记 第二季》|《Friends Season 2》
再见了,圣诞老人,你们别忘了给我一个肉馅派还有,和一杯饮料我知道的,还要一根胡萝卜给你的驯鹿。
Goodbye, Father Christmas. Don't forget to leave me a mince pie and a drink, we know. And carrots for the reindeer.
出自:《小猪佩奇 第三季》|《Peppa Pig Season 3》
我猜您想收回这柄剑。你着罢。
I suppose you want the sword back. Keep it.
出自:《权力的游戏 第四季》|《Game of Thrones Season 4》
我是翻煎饼的专家!那个给我着!
I'm the expert at flipping the pancakes over! Leave that to me!
出自:《小猪佩奇(精选版)》|《Peppa Pig》
早上好,你去哪儿了?我给你了有20条信息。
Good morning. You. Where have you been, woman? I left you like 20 messages.
出自:《情妇 第二季》|《Mistresses Season 2》
我来的时候的确是,但美酒穿肠过,美人心中
I was when I came in, but it's amazing what liquor does to guilt.
出自:《生活大爆炸 第四季》|《The Big Bang Theory Season 4》
我可以告诉你一个秘密吗?你说。我要自己一个。
Can I tell you a little secret? Yeah. I want to keep one.
出自:《老友记 第五季》|《Friends Season 5》
奥唐奈,着劲儿打比赛啊。只是做做热身,教练。
O'Donnell, save something for the game. I'm just warming up, coach.
出自:《重返十七岁》|《17 Again》
如果我出了什么意外,我在桌上给你了两万块。
If something goes wrong, I left you 20 grand on the table.
出自:《这个杀手不太冷》|《Léon》
弗兰西斯还着你的辞职信。他想把它撕掉。
Francis held on to your resignation letter. And he wants to tear it up.
出自:《纸牌屋 第五季》|《House of Cards Season 5》